The use of Artificial Intelligence is having an increasing amount of direct impact on our lives. This is part one of a two-part presentation that will examine the many ethical issues raised by our ever-expanding use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We will cover basic knowledge about AI, where we are currently, and how AI and ethics issues are already embedded into our daily lives. The content that follows includes breakdows and detail regarding four key areas of AI and ethics, transparency, justice and fairness, responsibility and accountability, and privacy. We look at each of these areas from the perspective of the current state of ethics guidelines, challenges faced, and potential legal implications. Finally, we will wrap up the session with a discussion about the future of AI and ethics and considerations for how guidelines can be implemented in the future.
In this first part, we ask:
• What is Artificial Intelligence?
• Why should we care about ensuring ethical issues are considered in using AI?
• What are the current attempts to develop an ethics code for AI usage?
• What should organizations do now to ensure ethical considerations are addressed?
• The future of AI ethicsThis course is pending approval for 1.0 MCLE ethics credit.